Burning both ends of the candle

This has been an insane couple of days. We got back early Monday morning from Monsey, slept a bit, then I took the kids to school and I went to work. I felt awful all day at work but figured I was just tired. Of course all the late nights that have accumulated over the last few weeks of dating and being engaged have nothing to do with anything, right? I am young, I can still sleep only 3 hours a night and function, right? Apparently not right.


Woke up at 3 am Tuesday morning with fever of 102 and feeling like I had been dragged through a hedge backwards. Figured I would try to go back to sleep after popping an advil or ten, and would wake up in time for work feeling fine. Nope. It didn’t happen that way at all.


Luckily my princes are the most awesome of kids and were able to all help each other get off to school, and they kept chasing me back into bed. At one point they even threatened to call KoD on the phone to tattle on me. I meekly listened.


I was hoping it was just a temporary blip on my horizon, and that this morning would find me raring to go. Nope. It didn’t happen that way at all. Was throwing up at some ridiculous dark hour this morning. I was so nauseous that I looked at the coffee I made myself at 7 am, and turned away from it.


I have spent the last two days under my covers sleeping away the most part of the day, waiting for the fever to break. I missed my KoD even more so, because I needed him so much. Those of you who know me well know that I hate needing people.  I tried to not whine and moan and kvetch, because I know it had to be driving him nuts that I was sick and he wasn’t here physically to take care of me. My fever has finally broken, BH, but I am exhausted from being sick. I kept thinking that I should use this time that I am sick to plan the wedding etc – but it just required way too much brain power.


The kids spoke with KoD last night (as they do every night, the little one refuses to even go to bed until he has said g’night to his future step-daddy) and he must have told them something, because this morning when they shooed me back to bed they claimed they were doing it in his name. “KoD made us promise to look after you.”


I am hungry, which is a good sign, but the idea of actual food nauseates me. At this rate I will have no problem fitting into my wedding gown that I have not yet purchased.


One thing that has comforted me through these last two difficult days was that soon enough KoD will be by my side for good, and we can weather whatever storms come our way together. Its so wonderful to know that and to feel it in every fibre of my being.

Post Written by


  1. Z! says:

    I hope you feel back to yourself as soon as possible. I hate being sick myself, and when I am, I am so greatful to have a doting husband.
    He doesn’t make me get up and go to work. He makes sure I have fluids and/or meds and food. I have finally gotten over the guilt feelings of not being able to get to the office to help him (as he counts on me so much.)
    He also refuses to let me do anything around the house. He claims that if I am healthy enough to do stuff around the house, I am well enough to do stuff in the office, too. What a sweetheart!

  2. hadassahsabo says:

    your hubby is a sweetheart, you guys are so lucky to have found each other.

Leave A Reply