RECIPE: Cinnamon Bun Cake
I make this so often and everyone is always asking me for the recipe. So I am finally downloading it from my brain to my blog.
I use challah dough. Click for my challah dough recipe. I only make this cake when making challah, and my challah recipe is enough to make 4 medium challahs and a cinnamon bun cake.
2 lbs challah dough
2 tbs cinnamon
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cups icing / confectioner’s sugar
2 tbs cold water
Silicone Bundt Pan
- Roll the dough out until it’s roughly rectangular, as thin as you can get it.
- Cover the dough with cinnamon, and then crumble brown sugar all over it.
- Roll the dough to make a log, as if you were making regular cinnamon buns.
- Using a serrated knife cut the dough in 3/4 inch slices. PHOTO #1
- Place slices in a well greased silicone Bundt pan. For the first layer make sure there is plenty of space between the pieces as this rises a lot in the oven. For the second and subsequent layers. put pieces over the gaps left in the previous layer. Keep going until all slices are used. PHOTO #2
- Bake at 350 for 30 – 35 minutes until the top is browned. Remove from oven, invert immediately onto a cooling rack with something underneath to catch the drips. PHOTO #3.
- When cool, make the icing (mix the two ingredients well) and drizzle over the top of the cake. PHOTO #4