“It is with deep regret that I inform you that at 8 o’clock this morning passed away my trusty old friend, Mrs MicroWave. She helped our family out for 14 long years and will be sorely missed.”


OK, I know it sounds silly, but we became very dependent on our microwave. I grew up never having one and not knowing what to use it for. When I was a newlywed first time around I had to be shown what a microwave was for. Now, my microwave died and I felt major panic. How would I make the couscous for dinner tonight? How would I defrost my bagel for my lunch? How would I warm up yesterday’s mac’n’cheese? What about popcorn? How on earth would I cope?


There was but one choice. Replace her. Now. Today. Before her loss sinks in too much and I have to learn to live without her. Just so happens that I have a big strapping lad around this morning so I yanked his sleepyhead out of bed to come and shlepp for me. We trekked to Walmart – sadly not within walking distance if you have to factor in a microwave to be shlepped, and deliberated for a while in front of their selection of “micro-ondes”. We picked a great replacement, paid for it (how did they get to be so expensive?) and now it resides safe and sound in my kitchen.


Ah, what a relief. My mental equilibrium is restored and I can rest easy knowing that my microwave is young and healthy and will help us out for many years to come.  


(and it’s only 9h30!)

Post Written by

No Comments

Leave A Reply